If your home has a septic system, or you are thinking of buying a home with a septic system, you should know that septic systems need regular maintenance. Owning a septic system means getting on a schedule of checkups and clean-outs.
Septic tanks should be inspected a minimum of once every two years, however, once a year is ideal. An inspection will check sludge and scum levels and tell you how rapidly solids are accumulating in the tank. This will give you the opportunity to remediate any problems before they happen. Make sure to hire a licensed septic-field inspector.
You may not need your septic pumped every year but pump it often. How often it needs to be pumped depends on several factors: tank size, size of household, volume of solids in the wastewater and how much you use the garbage disposal. Always use a licensed septic pumper and hauler to pump your tank.
Keep a maintenance record on your septic system. Make note of things like the date the system was serviced, who serviced it, what work was done, and a description of the system’s health.
Dedham MA ListingsDedham, MA - $400,000
80 Dixon Ave - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Dedham, MA - $395,000
58 Chester Ave - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:3Dedham, MA - $389,000
71 Tower Street - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Dedham, MA - $429,000
143 Riverside Drive - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2
Norwood MA ListingsNorwood, MA - $429,000
41 Cedar Street - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:216 minutes agoNorwood, MA - $394,000
39 Chapel Court - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/11 hour agoNorwood, MA - $145,000
117 Mylod St - Commercial - Year Built:0 - Acres:0.692 hours agoNorwood, MA - $389,900
85 Casey Street - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1
Walpole MA ListingsWalpole, MA - $1,000,000
Lot 17 Boulder Trail - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/138 minutes agoWalpole, MA - $434,900
816 West St - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:22 hours agoWalpole, MA - $409,000
17 Beacon St - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:5 - Beds:4 - Baths:2Walpole, MA - $319,000
24 Congress St - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1
- Let me see if I can make sense of these numbers from the 2015 Budget Meeting March 10, 2014Good evening friends. I attended the FinCom Town Budget meeting today. As the only Selectman candidate in attendance I have to say this meeting was interesting. […]
- Heirloom Kitchen makes dining at home easier March 9, 2014Not everyone enjoys cooking, which is why Gerald Coakley decided to open Heirloom Kitchen, a new food concept that sources from local farms to prepare meals hot, refrigerated, or frozen for take-out or delivery. […]
- Dedham's Paul, Peter Reynolds Collaborate on New Children's Book March 9, 2014As co-founders of FableVision , an education media studio based in Boston, twin brothers Peter and Paul Reynolds, both of Dedham, have worked together for several years. […]
- Dedham Youths Earn Boston College High School Honors March 8, 2014Matthew J. Kearney '15, Joseph A. Von Schoppe '15, Nicholas H. Boozang '16, Trent J. Chinnaswamy '16 and Perry N. Letourneau '16 of Dedham achieved High Honors for the Second Quarter at Boston College High School. […]
- UPDATED: Students Held Until Avery School Area Cleared by Police March 7, 2014Dedham Police and the Metropolitan Law Enforcement Council were engaged in a standoff and worked to resolve the incident near the Avery School in town Friday involving a suspect wanted on a default warrant for an unarmed robbery. […]
- Franklin Place's new site plans March 6, 2014THE BLADE/JEREMY WADSWORTH Site plans for a new building at the Shops at Franklin Place confirm the Sylvania Township shopping area is about to welcome two new occupants: HomeGoods and Marshalls stores. […]
- Let me see if I can make sense of these numbers from the 2015 Budget Meeting March 10, 2014