If your home has a septic system, or you are thinking of buying a home with a septic system, you should know that septic systems need regular maintenance. Owning a septic system means getting on a schedule of checkups and clean-outs.
Septic tanks should be inspected a minimum of once every two years, however, once a year is ideal. An inspection will check sludge and scum levels and tell you how rapidly solids are accumulating in the tank. This will give you the opportunity to remediate any problems before they happen. Make sure to hire a licensed septic-field inspector.
You may not need your septic pumped every year but pump it often. How often it needs to be pumped depends on several factors: tank size, size of household, volume of solids in the wastewater and how much you use the garbage disposal. Always use a licensed septic pumper and hauler to pump your tank.
Keep a maintenance record on your septic system. Make note of things like the date the system was serviced, who serviced it, what work was done, and a description of the system’s health.
Dedham MA ListingsDedham, MA - $519,000
322 Mount Vernon - Single-Family - Colonial, Bungalow - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/111 hours agoDedham, MA - $394,990
25 Walnut St - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:217 hours agoDedham, MA - $699,000
21 Church St - Single-Family - Antique - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Dedham, MA - $269,000
48 Beacon St - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:4 - Baths:1Dedham, MA - $429,900
114 Ashcroft St - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2
Norwood MA ListingsNorwood, MA - $11
101 Access Road - Commercial - Year Built:1997 - Acres:0.941 hour agoNorwood, MA - $465,000
16 St. James Avenue - Single-Family - Colonial, Contemporary - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/117 hours agoNorwood, MA - $299,900
411 Neponset St - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/1Norwood, MA - $364,900
582 Walpole St - Condo - - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:2Norwood, MA - $349,900
104 Nichols St. - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1
Walpole MA ListingsWalpole, MA - $300,000
4 Drake Circle - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/18 hours agoWalpole, MA - $324,900
3 Merganser Way - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/116 hours agoWalpole, MA - $429,900
819 East Street - Multi-Family - Units:3 - Levels:3 - Parking Spaces:7Walpole, MA - $579,900
355 Summer Street - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Walpole, MA - $324,900
25 Drake Circle - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1
- Norwood doctor accused of practicing while impaired September 16, 2014The Board of Registration in Medicine has suspended the license of a surgeon in Norwood. The board says Dr. John Fattore operated a private practice across the street from Norwood Hospital and while working there he is accused of practicing medicine while impaired. […]
- More September 15, 2014A Dedham man was back in court Monday on aggravated rape charges after prosecutors say they found a way to differentiate between his DNA and his twin brother's. Police say 33-year-old Dwayne McNair raped and robbed two women and Roxbury and Forest Hills in 2004, he was awaiting trial in the spring but the case was dropped because the state couldn't […]
- Video: New trailer for 'The Judge' with Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall September 13, 2014The drama, which opened the Toronto International Film Festival on Sept. 4, was filmed in Shelburne Falls , Dedham and other Massachusetts communities. […]
- Wheelchair Brake Lever Extension Eases Lever Access, Aims to Reduce Falls from Unlocked Wheelchairs September 12, 2014EasierLiving.com, LLC, Dedham, Mass, markets a Wheelchair Brake Lever Extension, built to offer convenience when reaching for brake handles and help reduce falls from unlocked wheelchairs. The company's website notes that the product slips quickly and easily onto the existing lever of most wheelchairs. […]
- Police Log: Suspicious 'NSTAR' Phone Call to Waterford's Deemed Potential Scam September 11, 2014At about 7:15 a.m., Dedham police responded to the U.S. Post Office to speak with a delivery driver, who claimed that the door handle to an entrance to the building was broken. Officers investigated the cargo bay area and found nothing out of place. […]
- Rape Suspect Re-Indicted Using New DNA Test September 11, 2014Suffolk County prosecutors have re-indicted Dwayne McNair, a suspect of two rapes, using a new DNA test created by German company Eurofins Scientific . McNair, 33, of Jamaica Plain and Dedham, was released in April from an eight-count indictment that charged him with raping two young women with accomplice Anwar Thomas in 2004, according to Suffolk County Dis […]
- Norwood doctor accused of practicing while impaired September 16, 2014