If your home has a septic system, or you are thinking of buying a home with a septic system, you should know that septic systems need regular maintenance. Owning a septic system means getting on a schedule of checkups and clean-outs.
Septic tanks should be inspected a minimum of once every two years, however, once a year is ideal. An inspection will check sludge and scum levels and tell you how rapidly solids are accumulating in the tank. This will give you the opportunity to remediate any problems before they happen. Make sure to hire a licensed septic-field inspector.
You may not need your septic pumped every year but pump it often. How often it needs to be pumped depends on several factors: tank size, size of household, volume of solids in the wastewater and how much you use the garbage disposal. Always use a licensed septic pumper and hauler to pump your tank.
Keep a maintenance record on your septic system. Make note of things like the date the system was serviced, who serviced it, what work was done, and a description of the system’s health.
Dedham MA ListingsDedham, MA - $2,000,000
31 Channing Rd. - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:14 - Beds:6 - Baths:3/13 hours agoDedham, MA - $219,000
28 ARCADIA AVE - Condo - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/13 hours agoDedham, MA - $649,999
95 Country Club Rd. - Single-Family - Colonial, Contemporary - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/16 hours agoDedham, MA - $1,250,000
255 West Street - Single-Family - Cape, Contemporary - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/16 hours agoDedham, MA - $415,000
50 Martin Bates St - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/19 hours ago
Norwood MA ListingsNorwood, MA - $368,000
15 Neponset Street - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:11 hour agoNorwood, MA - $329,900
44 Hill St - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:23 hours agoNorwood, MA - $589,000
16 Hamilton Cir - Single-Family - Colonial, Contemporary - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/14 hours agoNorwood, MA - $379,000
41 Talbot Avenue - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/18 hours agoNorwood, MA - $379,000
41 Talbot Avenue - Single-Family - Other - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/18 hours ago
Walpole MA ListingsWalpole, MA - $1,050,000
16 Sexton Farm Road - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:15 - Beds:5 - Baths:58 hours agoWalpole, MA - $475,000
154 Clear Pond Dr - Condo - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:317 hours agoWalpole, MA - $360,000
61 Alice Ave - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:8 - Beds:5 - Baths:2Walpole, MA - $449,900
3 Marguerite Rd. - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:3Walpole, MA - $284,900
15 Rainbow Pond Dr - Condo - Garden - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2
- Rochester Chamber welcomes Papa Ginoa s July 28, 2014Papa Gino's at the Lilac Mall recently had a Chamber ribbon-cutting. In front, from the left, are: Lilac Mall Manager Ellen Paquette, Papa Gino's Manager Jennifer Godsoe, Papa Gino's General Manager Michelle Dow, and Chamber Board members Kristy Methot of Holy Rosary Credit Union, AVP of Bank of NH Leslie Simpson and AVP of Federal Savings Ban […]
- Dedham to Participate in National Night Out 2014 July 25, 2014Dedham police are joining forces with several civic groups in town to support National Night Out next month, according to an announcement by the Dedham Police Department this week. […]
- Have Your Groceries Support Dedham Environmental Department July 23, 2014The Whole Foods store on Legacy Place is donating 5 percent of all purchases made on July 31st to the Town of Dedham Environmental Department's "Dedham Grows" program. […]
- Time on the march: Sandwich soldiers answered Lincoln's call July 20, 2014Eight-year-old Kyle Trainor and his sister Caitlin, 10, stood on Main Street in front of Town Hall on Saturday morning, just as any 21st-century kids on vacation might in the company of their parents. […]
- kevin cullen Mayor Walsh plans return to Irish roots July 20, 2014It's a long way from Savin Hill to Beacon Hill, a distance measured not so much in miles as in time. […]
- Dedham Man Indicted For Boston-Area Bank Robberies July 18, 2014A Dedham man was indicted yesterday for allegedly robbing three Boston-area banks in January of this year, stealing more than $8,000. […]
- Rochester Chamber welcomes Papa Ginoa s July 28, 2014