If your home has a septic system, or you are thinking of buying a home with a septic system, you should know that septic systems need regular maintenance. Owning a septic system means getting on a schedule of checkups and clean-outs.
Septic tanks should be inspected a minimum of once every two years, however, once a year is ideal. An inspection will check sludge and scum levels and tell you how rapidly solids are accumulating in the tank. This will give you the opportunity to remediate any problems before they happen. Make sure to hire a licensed septic-field inspector.
You may not need your septic pumped every year but pump it often. How often it needs to be pumped depends on several factors: tank size, size of household, volume of solids in the wastewater and how much you use the garbage disposal. Always use a licensed septic pumper and hauler to pump your tank.
Keep a maintenance record on your septic system. Make note of things like the date the system was serviced, who serviced it, what work was done, and a description of the system’s health.
Dedham MA ListingsDedham, MA - $1,275,000
50 Old River Place: Precinct 1 - Single-Family - Colonial, Other - Rooms:11 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/11 hour agoDedham, MA - $329,900
25 Chauncey Street - Single-Family - Colonial, Other - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:23 hours agoDedham, MA - $319,617
50 Clisby Ave - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:13 hours agoDedham, MA - $599,900
56 Greenlodge St - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/15 hours agoDedham, MA - $1,500
36 Mcdonald St - Commercial - Year Built:0 - Acres:05 hours ago
Norwood MA ListingsNorwood, MA - $345,000
43 Chapel St - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/13 hours agoNorwood, MA - $439,900
32 Yarmouth Rd - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/111 hours agoNorwood, MA - $529,000
43 Savin Avenue - Multi-Family - Units:3 - Levels:3 - Parking Spaces:616 hours agoNorwood, MA - $464,900
47 Sturtevant Ave. - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:2/2Norwood, MA - $2,000
714 Washington St - Commercial - Year Built:1881 - Acres:0.19
Walpole MA ListingsWalpole, MA - $814,900
37 Anderson Way - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/12 hours agoWalpole, MA - $1,002,045
28 Lester Gray Drive - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:15 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/13 hours agoWalpole, MA - $769,000
44 Heritage Dr - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/14 hours agoWalpole, MA - $449,900
15 Plain Street - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:24 hours agoWalpole, MA - $289,900
8 Flonun St - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:14 hours ago
- Have Your Groceries Support Dedham Environmental Department July 23, 2014The Whole Foods store on Legacy Place is donating 5 percent of all purchases made on July 31st to the Town of Dedham Environmental Department's "Dedham Grows" program. […]
- Time on the march: Sandwich soldiers answered Lincoln's call July 20, 2014Eight-year-old Kyle Trainor and his sister Caitlin, 10, stood on Main Street in front of Town Hall on Saturday morning, just as any 21st-century kids on vacation might in the company of their parents. […]
- kevin cullen Mayor Walsh plans return to Irish roots July 20, 2014It's a long way from Savin Hill to Beacon Hill, a distance measured not so much in miles as in time. […]
- Dedham Man Indicted For Boston-Area Bank Robberies July 18, 2014A Dedham man was indicted yesterday for allegedly robbing three Boston-area banks in January of this year, stealing more than $8,000. […]
- Rape and child custody: A question of proof July 17, 2014JAIME MELENDEZ was a 20-year-old with a chequered past when he raped H.T., a 14-year-old girl, in Dedham, Massachusetts in 2009. […]
- Dedham Receives $250,000 From State for LED Streetlights July 15, 2014By Matt Schooley Massachusetts Energy and Environmental Affairs Secretary Maeve Vallely Bartlett and Department of Energy Resources Acting Commissioner Meg Lusardi announced this week that they have awarded a total of $7.9 million in grants to towns around the state, including $250,000 to Dedham. […]
- Have Your Groceries Support Dedham Environmental Department July 23, 2014